BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Gaia Layouts »

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Forever And A Day

A single red rose, Table set for two
Candle light dinner, you would always surprise me with something new,
Our conversations full of laughter, you know how to make me smile,
Just the little things you do, keep me madly in love with you.
A single red rose, Table set for two
People think I'm crazy , sitting here with you
Every Thursday night this is where you take me.
I get called insane, but they are the crazy ones,
They say you've gone to heaven, you are no longer here,
But I see you right here, every Thursday night like before.
A single red rose, Table set for two
Every Thursday night, for the rest of my life,
This is where I'll come to have dinner with you.

"I made this poem for all the loved ones that have lost someone. No one fully understands the feeling of emptiness death can bring, until they go through it. This is about someone who refuses to let go and is fearful of the empty feeling that awaits. She is in denial and chooses to live life the same as if she had never lost her significant other.I had gone to Switzerland one year awhile back and something touched me that I will never forget. There was a little old lady Standing in the crowd of people, she looked like she was waiting for someone. My grandma told me that that lady comes to the spot every day waiting for her husband to come back from war. I tried to put myself in that position and It broke my heart because I would be the little old lady in the corner that everyone thought was crazy. Thats the definition of true love, something so many people have lost."

So this is dedicated to the old lady waiting for the love of her life,giving me hope that true love does exist <3

0 comments: